What is ACP?
The Affordable Connectivity Program provides qualifying households with a monthly credit to help pay for internet service. If eligible, you may receive a credit of up to $30 per month toward your broadband services. For qualifying households located on qualifying Tribal lands, you may receive a credit of up to $75 per month toward your broadband services.
The ACP Discount
Through the Affordable Connectivity Program, qualifying customers can receive a $30.00 monthly discount on Internet service.
The Affordable Connectivity Program is non-transferable and limited to one monthly Internet discount. This includes any individual or group of individuals who are living together at the same address and share income and expenses.
The ACP is a federal government benefit program operated by the FCC and, if it ends, or when a household is no longer eligible, customers will be subject to the provider’s regular rates, terms and conditions.
Do I Qualify?
A household may qualify for ACP if at least one member of the household meets one of the following criteria:
- Meets the qualifications for participation in the Lifeline program (with the modification that the qualifying household income threshold is at or below 200 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines for a household of that size)
- Has been approved to receive school lunch benefits under the free and reduced price lunch program under the Richard B. Russell National School Lunch Act, or the school breakfast program under section 4 of the Child Nutrition Act of 1966
- Has received a Federal Pell Grant under section 401 of the Higher Education Act of 1965 in the current award year
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income program, subject to approval by the Commission and any other requirements deemed by the Commission to be necessary in the public interest
- Receives assistance through the WIC Program, established by section 17 of the Child Nutrition Act of 1996 (42 U.S.C. § 1786).
You may also qualify for ACP if your income is 200% or less than the federal poverty guidelines.
You will need to show proof of participation in one of the qualifying programs or proof of income when applying for ACP. Check out www.fcc.gov/ACP for a Consumer FAQ and other program resources.
How Do I Enroll?
To see if you qualify and to enroll, visit www.acpbenefit.org and click “Apply Now” near the bottom of the page.